Grandview Woodland Food connection food workshops
Bee school 2018
EYA School Workshops
UBc centre for sustainable food systems
- Introduction to Safe and Fun Canning on June 23, 2018 2:30 pm
- Medicine Collective Workshop: Salve Harvest on July 10, 2018 12:00 pm
- Summer Foraging on July 14, 2018 10:00 am
- Herbs for Longevity and Vitality (Herbalism Series #1) on July 21, 2018 9:00 am
- Herbs for Culinary and Medicinal Uses (Herbalism Series #2) on July 21, 2018 1:00 pm
- Introduction to Permaculture (Sustainable Design Series #1) on July 22, 2018 9:00 am
- Food Forest Design (Sustainable Design Series #2) on July 22, 2018 1:00 pm
- Medicine Collective Workshop: Salve Making on August 8, 2018 11:00 am
Park Board Program Instructors
Interested in finding more opportunities as a food based program instructor in Vancouver community centres?
As part of the Vancouver Park Board’s plan to increase food and kitchen-based programming in community centres, we are inviting food facilitators/instructors to register in the Park Board’s Online Instructor Database. Community centre programmers can find and hire instructors for workshops and programs with a specific focus on food programming—specifically instructors who specialize in nutrition, community kitchens, food preservation, gardening, meal programming, and any other niche or food based skill that can be shared with residents across our communities.
When registering, make sure to tag yourself under the new category “Food, Cooking, and Gardening” to ensure programmers can find you. People who have previously worked in community centres may not be currently listed in the database, so please make sure to register and update your information using the following link:
The Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation On-line Instructor Database
Some individual community centers have their own additional instructor registration forms posted on their direct websites. If you are distinctly interested in working with one specific centre, you can also register through their direct sites.
Please forward this information to any instructors and organizations that work with food programming in Vancouver community centres.
If you have any questions or difficulties using the database, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and use “food instructor” as a subject line.